WHAT CAN I DO IF I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXERCISE TODAY?

 


Exercise is a powerful tool for mental health. Exercise can reduce stress, reduce anxiety, and can boost your mood. But what do you do if you don't have time to exercise today or this week? One simple answer is that you stretch. Even for a minute, five minutes, or a half hour. Stretch your body (gently, avoiding injury) to allow some release and allow relaxation.

I notice that my neck and shoulders ache after several hours in front of my laptop. I may not always have time for a full workout, but I will stand and stretch my neck and shoulders when I have just a moment in-between patients. This gives me some relief and allows me to be my best, even when I can't get a full workout. Stretching also gives me a taste of yoga, which is my favorite way to exercise.

Comments

Popular Posts