HOW DO I NAVIGATE THANKSGIVING AS A VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN?


 In my practice and my community being vegetarian or vegan is quite common. The times that arise where this can be challenging is when sitting down to dinner on a holiday surrounded by family feasting on turkey and other meagt based foods. How do you make sure that you don't make the host feel as if you are rude? How do you make sure that you have something you can eat?

My suggestion for my clients is simple.

1. Contact the host prior to the holiday. Explain your food needs and choices.

2. Bring your own food. Bring vegetarian entrees and make sure to bring enough for everyone at the table. 

3. Share. Always be the guest that brings a dish large enough to share.

4. Thank your host for acommodating your dietary needs, and offer to bring some veggie options next yar.

Following these simple tips allow my clients to intersperse preferred foods without any offense. 

Comments

Popular Posts