WHY BLOG?


 When I entered graduate school in 2012, it was following nearly seven years of working in case management. My role as a case manager was to support individuals and families in crisis. I spent day after day working in homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, and supporting clients going through their most challenging times. When I returned to school to obtain my Master's in Social Work, I was among a handful that had worked in a realm of the helping professions prior to school.

I created a blog at the time at the suggestion of a classmate. She felt that my past experience was full of interesting stories, fascinating clients empowering their lives, and so much to laugh about. I wrote a few blogs at that time, unsure what others would read. 

Now I blog almost 12 years later as a way to draw clients to my practice, but also as an amazing artistic outlet. Whether mmy blog has 1 view or 100, I hope that I can slowly reach people who would have otherwise allowed their mental health to go to the wayside. 

I hope to devote more time and attention to this task of blogging because like all of my clients I need catharsis, and I find written expression meet that need. Thank you for anyone that finds meaning in my blog.

Comments

Popular Posts